December 17, 2016

I Am Happy With One Blog

One
One  
Recently, I contemplated about starting another blog (But, things have changed).

Today, I came to the conclusion, that The Chronicles Of Renard is, enough.

Why did I scrap the idea of creating another blog?

Because, another blog would definitely be time-consuming.

Besides, it was going to be another personal blog and where I am concerned, one personal blog is enough.

There Is A Lot That The Average Person Does Not Know About Blogging


Currently, a lot of people are under the wrongful impression, that all that is required for running a blog successfully is, to merely publish content.

Well, dear friend, nothing can be further from the truth.

In addition to publishing fabulous content, a person needs to promote their blog (And, that is where all of one's time is mostly used up).

A blogger is usually busy doing the following:

  • Sharing the links to their blog posts on social media; whether it be free or going a step further to pay to have their blog posts promoted on Twitter, Facebook, etcetera.
  • Updating their widgets and plugins on their blog when they are not busy creating content for it.
  • Tweaking their blog's template.
  • Trying to figure out which widgets and plugins to add or to remove (Because, having too many widgets and plugins can drastically slow down the loading time of your blog).
  • Searching for a new host provider; because, they found out that they need more bandwidth, etcetera.
  • Brainstorming about coming up with a new look for their blog (Yes, bloggers are known to replace their blog's template with one that is better looking and of course, one that loads quickly and correctly on all devices).
  • Devoting extra time into creating additional content for their guest blogging gig.
  • Adding new life to old content by doing a video or a podcast based on what they published on their blog.
  • Reading the blog posts of your fellow bloggers and commenting on them.
  • Devoting some extra time in the area of keeping abreast of the new blogging trends.
  • Finding out the latest developments in the area of SEO.

So, dear friend, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes when you are managing a blog (And, as you have found out, it requires a lot of hard work and a good portion of your precious time).

There Is Nothing Wrong In Having A Second Blog


For the record, there is nothing wrong with having a second blog.

As a matter of fact, there are a lot of bloggers who have a second blog; one of them might be a personal blog, while the other one is a business-related-type blog.

Once you have the time and the energy to manage two blogs effectively, it is okay to do that sort of thing; but do not take on the added responsibility of setting up a second blog if you know that you are unable to commit to it.

As you have learned, managing one blog alone requires a lot of hard work (So, you can imagine the amount of work that it entails in effectively managing two blogs).

I hate it when people neglect their blogs; therefore, I would not set up a second one to neglect it.

However, in the near future, I might set up a self-hosted blog; one that is business-related.

I Intend To Experiment Some More With My Personal Blog


Well, if you have been following me from the beginning, you would know, that The Chronicles Of Renard started off as an experiment to decipher whether or not a blog on Blogger was worth blogging on and I found out that the answer was, "Yes."

I was pleased to learn that once  a blog on Blogger picks up momentum, it can give those blogs over at WordPress a run for their money.

However, I recommend the self-hosted version of WordPress for those people who wish to run a business-type-related blog.

But, when it comes to personal blogging, any blog site will do.

Anyway, I wish to do some more in-depth experiments with The Chronicles Of Renard; such as:

  • Finding out what percentage of my viewing audience prefers long-form content or short-form content.
  • Discovering whether or not too much emphasis is being placed on SEO.
  • Finding out whether or not, a blog can go viral without the help of search engines.
  • Finding out whether or not, if it is possible for a blogger to excel in the blogosphere without joining any blogging groups.

Okay, I will  admit that I have my work cut out for me in the experimentation department (But, I seem to be addicted to conducting experiments).

The Advantages Of Only Having One Blog


When you have one blog, you are in a much better position to do the following:

  • Easily maintain laser-type focus in the area of creating content for your blog.
  • You can give your blog the attention that it deserves; which in reality involves more than simply coming up with content for it.
  • Viewers can easily associate you with your blog (Your brand).
  • You can have more time for yourself, your family, your friends and your associates.

Dear friend, one blog is ideal for the person with a very busy lifestyle.

Final Thoughts


At the moment, I am contented with only managing one blog.

As I have stated earlier, I might set up another one in the future for business.

However, I am enjoying the perks of only having one blog.

And, dear friend, I truly enjoy this one blog of mine — The Chronicles Of Renard.

Also, do wish me the best of luck with all of those experiments that I intend to conduct (I cannot resist conducting experiments, because I am highly curious by nature).

By the way, if you have more than one blog and you are giving them equal attention (not neglecting one over the other), please let me know via my blog's comments section.

And, if you are satisfied with only having one blog, you can let me know by also leaving me a comment in the comments section of my blog.

Thank you for reading and do not forget that you are more than welcome to follow The Chronicles Of Renard via email or via Feedly.

Namasté.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Thank You For Following!